Generally, the Ozarks region of Missouri is full of beautiful green landscape and is a wonderful place for trees to grow and flourish. However, as in any climate or region, there are problems to be aware of. Here is a short list of common diseases and insects that can cause problems with trees and plants in the Springfield area.
- Apple Scab (Crabapple, Apple, Pear)
- Rust (Hawthorn)
- Anthracnose (Flowering Dogwood, Sycamore)
- Needle Cast (Blue Spruce, Norway Spruce)
Common Insects in the Springfield Landscape
- Two Spotted Mite (Burning Bush)
- Cool Season Mite (Alberta Spruce)
- Bagworms (Junipers, Cedars, White Pine, Spruce, etc.)
- Lacebug (Azalea, Rhododendron)
- Scale (Mugo Pines, Euonymus, Magnolia, Tulip Poplar, Maples)
- Bronze Birch Borer (White Birch)
- Japanese Beetle (Linden, Purpleleaf Plum Rose, etc.)
Questions? Give us a call. We’re certified, local arborists – and we’re here to help.